In celebration, I am giving thanks to:
- Good food and good health.
- New friends and the opportunity to blog. Seriously, I look forward to my e-mail inbox every single morning. I love you guys! I have a feeling with a busy schedule in the near future- my commitment to posts will not decrease, but increase, and I am very excited about that.
- My parents: who celebrated 25 years of marriage yesterday! They’ve blessed me with an awesome childhood and I could not feel more thankful than I do today.
- Good conversation. (Yes, I’m talking about last night with you Miss J!)
- Hers and Hers salads: My good friend Kristin and I got together Monday night for a rendezvous (I hadn’t seen her since July!) of a good evening run, a dinner of huge salads while watching an old 90210, and fro yo for dessert.
Mine’s on the right. ;)
Like HEAB, frozen yogurt is a once a month or every couple months ordeal, so I was saving up my $4.50 cup of yogurt for a time when I could enjoy it with a friend who loves it as much as I do.
6. Friends who let friends eat frozen yogurt!
I got mostly peanut butter with a dollop of coconut, and mini reese’s, mini chocolate chips, mini white chocolate chips on top. K got peanut butter and taro with chocolate and white chocolate chips. T’was delish and totally worth every spoonful.
7. Impulse purchases late at night at Target. (Hellooo, I can’t turn down my hero on the cover of SHAPE.) Also thankful for Giada because she was my original inspiration for cooking, which has led to so many other things in my life (like blogging!).
8. Post run breakfasts.
Breakfast today (Wednesday):
- 1/2 cup oat bran, 1 1/2 cups water, vanilla, cinnamon
- 1 scoop vanilla protein, 1/2 banana sliced, dollop Crofter’s superfruit spread, dollop MaraNatha creamy PB
This was like, the best lunch, ever.
A gorgeous looking honeycrisp eaten with a few frozen blueberries.
Lunch Saturday: egg salad, with raw broccoli salad and cherry tomatoes.
Lunch Monday: chicken breast with tahini and honey drizzles, raw veggies with salsa, raw broccoli salad.
What is hiding beneath that blanket of tahini, maple syrup and Nature’s Path pumpkin granola?!
- 1/2 cup oats, 1 cup water, 1/2 banana cooked in, vanilla, cinnamon
- Topped with 2 T Nature’s Path pumpkin granola, t of maple syrup and spoonful of tahini.
Lunch Sunday: Buffalo burger with all the fixings, sliced heirlooms and raw cole slaw.
Breakfast Sunday: Muesli!
I soaked 1/2 cup of oats with 1/2 scoop vanilla protein, 4-8 oz of unsweetened vanilla hemp milk, 1 T cocoa, 1 T wheat germ overnight. In the morning I topped the mug with 1/4 banana sliced, coconut butter, shredded coconut, chocolate chips and MaraNatha chocolate peanut butter. YUM!
My list for things to be thankful for could go on forever and forever, and I’m pretty sure I could write a book about each and every little thing as well. As for now, I am thankful for Thanksgiving itself, and the opportunity to go to my aunt’s house to visit and fellowship with my extended family. Debriefing of Thanksgiving and the baking of the pies will come Friday morning!
Happy Thanksgiving to all who read. You guys are again, the best.