I eat what I like
What is this little ball of deliciousness, you ask?
Dairy-free, rice protein balls from Protein Girl! Holy crap Allie, you sure know me well. These balls of goodness taste like peanut butter fudge! And they made for quite the photo shoot in my bed room. Foood porn, to the extreme. :)
Pimp My Protein Shake is one of my fave blogs to read- Allie is one of the many few lady bloggers that I look up to and see as a personal role model. Protein powder, Stevia, and homemade protein goodies are three of many delicious things that frequent her blog. And she shared a little of bit of each with me. Sooo yummy! And I’m pretending they’re calorie-free. Here is the recipe!
My tennis shoes making a brief appearance as well as the newest addition to my collection of inspiration boards. I think I’ll be taking this one with me to school. The theme? Giada+Yoga+Beach. Yeaahhh.
A quick dinner Saturday of microwaved egg whites with green Tabasco, carrots with AB and cherry tomatoes.
Don’t fret- I saved room for dessert! Cocoa Banana Soft Serve. A little softer than my liking. But still tasty.
- About 1 frozen banana, 2 t cocoa powder, 1 T chocolate protein powder whirled in the magic bullet.
- Topped with a couple Sunspire chocolate and PB chips, flaked coconut.
- With a side of fudge baby.
Breakfast Sunday morning: 4 egg white scramble in a “best I ever had” tortilla. With a side of salsa and tomatoes.
Back in my “I’m 4 ft, 12 years old and 60 pounds, skinny little girl” phase, I could easily pound down a whole dozen tortillas if we ever had them on hand. There is no doubt in my mind that tortillas were my favorite food. As a family, and as an individual now, I only eat bread, tortillas, etc. on the occasion- but when I DO: geeze, they better taste good*. This specific batch of tortillas we bought at Time Market- but they’re supplied by (what I believe to be) St. Mary’s Tortilla Factory. These babies don’t have the calorie count or ingredients listed, which is probably a good thing. From soybean oil to shortening to butter to lard-I honestly do not know what’s in there: but they’re paper thin, light, and taste like a tortilla should taste like. Freaking good.
*I believe food should taste good. If I’m not digging the fake lookalike, I simply won’t waste my time, money or calories on it. (For example, Ezekiel tortillas are probably a really tasty and vegan alternative to a fat laden homemade tortilla, but do I like them? No. Do I eat fat laden tortillas often? No. On the same token, I believe Averie’s raw vegan cookie dough balls taste even better than cookie dough; so I probably eat one everyday.) Eat what you like. But also eat well. I’m just lucky to like plain chicken, fish, poached eggs, roasted squash and raw carrots.
Can you spot the scallion through the tortilla?
About 1 cup of roasted kabocha with skin pureed with 1 packet Jay Robb vanilla whey protein powder and cinnamon. In an almost empty tahini jar can, topped with flaked coconut and homemade pumpkin butter.
Lunch Friday: 2 boiled eggs, raw broccoli salad, and a side of kale chips.
On my mind right now:
- Excited that my family finally invested in a wireless modem. Blogging in bed?!!! YES.
- Approximately 40 days until I leave for culinary school.
- Still can’t decide what to make/get for my best friends for Christmas. Last year I gave them a “Hottest Guys Ever” framed collage- I mean, how do you top that?
- Trying to decide between a Canon Rebel and a Canon Powershot to buy myself for Christmas. I want to purchase one thing before my entire savings goes to my tuition; and I really. Can’t. Decide. The factors for me are accessibility, quality and usage. And dammit, I really want that Rebel.