It’s raining granola!
Remember this breakfast?
And this week’s Wednesday breakfast, (not yet blogged):
I present to you Beek’s COCONUT CHIA GRANOLA*!!!
*For lack of a better term.
Bekah’s Coconut Chia Granola:
recipe adapted from the back of the Let’s Do Organic brand of coconut flakes:
- 3 cups rolled oats, gluten-free if necessary
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup (I use Grade B.)
- Vanilla extract and cinnamon to taste. (I like a lot, probably 1 t of each, and then some.)
- 2 T safflower oil
- 2 T chia seeds
Mix allllll together in a bowl or directly on a cookie sheet, bake at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes, making sure to mix up the granola one or two times while baking, to ensure even coloring (NOT burning!)
I’ve also added wheat germ and coconut flour to different batches for an even nuttier texture and taste. Experiment with whatever ingredients you like or have on hand!
So many uses too!
- Straight out of the bag.
- Sprinkled over yogurt.
- Late night snack.
- On top of a smoothie or protein shake!
- On top of acai.
- Straight out of the bag, again.
- Eat it for breakfast, lunch, snack, dinner or dessert. Seriously- homemade granola can be eaten whatever time of the day. It’s pacing yourself with this stuff that’s the trick!
- Give it as a gift to your friends or neighbors or grandparents like I did. (Using cellophane bags, zip-locks or recycled nut butter jars!)
What else have I been whipping up for little holiday goodie packages?
Averie’s vegan peanut butter cups! I made a peanut butter cup tree!
they ended up like this:
Chocolate peanut butter stacks? C’est la VIE.
Speaking of Averie, both she and Shelley in the past two weeks kindly honored me with the Beautiful Blogger award, in which every one of you who reads my blog is deserving of and/or have already received this! So thank you ladies!.
1. I lift heavy weights. I talk a lot about my love of yoga and fitness on the blog- but a lot of people don’t know that I when I first started working out, it was all about the weight lifting! Ladies- call me crazy, but I’m 18 and I don’t have man muscles. Weight lifting will not ever make you look like a body builder! But to each her own. Every person is different with their workout of choice.
2. I’m 5′ 2″. Shortttie.
3. I’ll be 19 in February.
4. I’m a wiz with bulletin boards. I make them look really pretty in about 5 minutes flat. Too bad “bulletin board designer” is not a career choice.
5. I was/still am obsessed, and I mean obsessed with “Laguna Beach” ever since it came out when I was in the 7th grade. I still watch “The Hills” to this day. It’s been a long, and trying six years??? (OMG) watching Lauren and Kristin grow up. Bahahaha. I have a Laguna Beach scrapbook, I’ve visited Laguna and even ran into Morgan from first season there! Total freak out.
6. My last shot/immunization I received was when I was a baby. I almost never go to the doctor. TMI? Well, let’s just say- my parents were “eclectic” and I was a cloth-diaper wearing kind of baby. I’m healthy, so I say so what?
7. I want to travel the world. I do want to share my life with someone someday (sooner rather than later!), but am in no hurry to either get married or have children.
I’m supposed to pass this along to seven other bloggettes- so if you haven’t done this award, and you read/regularly comment (you know who you are!) then I give it to you gals.
Hope you have wondrous and
white SUNNY holiday! And a merry, merry Christmas.