At a loss for words..
Aaahhhhhhhhh. Where to begin??? I’ll start with a list. How about that.
- I am way behind in life. My To-Do list is about two pages long.
- I never told you what my Product Knowledge professor thought of my kale salad! He loved it! (Alright.. I don’t know about “love”, but he did admit that I convinced him that raw kale can in fact be deemed “edible”. Success!)
- Don’t even talk to me about “Google Reader”. I honestly cannot remember the last time I even checked it.😦
- I successfully completed the first half of my first “block” (three weeks) in the kitchens, “Fish ID and Fabrication”; and I am now in the middle of “Meat ID and Fabrication”. So much information and crazy busyness! I’m trying to remind myself that this is college, and I simply don’t have time to do much of anything besides study and take care of myself. Sadly, this is a fact that is hard to accept!
- WordPress is being a pain per usual, and I every time I feel like uploading pictures, I fail.
- I’m a whole TWO episodes behind on what is the final season of LOST. What is my problem?? Not to mention I pretty much checked out of every show not available on Hulu. What is the deal CW?? Don’t want to participate, do you?
- The sun is officially OUT in Hyde Park, New York. Joy to the world.
- The good news is that part of my absence in blog-land is due to actually having a life! Like, I’m making real friends! One of the reasons why I originally was so enticed by the culinary arts was the camaraderie that is involved in the kitchens and on campus in general. The first six weeks of “B-block” were nice and all, but let’s face it- not the most convenient time to make friends. Kind of like a condensed version of Freshmen year in high school, if you know what I mean.
- 24 days until “Glee” returns!
- So much good eats to share with you!
Not very organized… but here are my last outfits of B-block, some of the eats of my last week of B-block, and some fun “dorm room eats” adventures!
Chobani plain, with coconut-chia-granola, and diced apple. There’s probably some tahini in there too.
Microwaved egg white brownie. So. Ridiculously. Chocolatey!
The sad part.. it was too long ago to remember what I put into it; but I THINK it involved egg whites, protein powder, mashed banana, cocoa powder and vanilla extract.
A flat feta and spinach omelet with fresh fruit and ketchup from the Eveready Diner.
What my microwaved veggies usually look like:
Consisting of a mass amount of veggies, coconut butter, maple syrup, and water OR tahini, maple syrup, and water.
Oats in a dark chocolate dreams jar.
More microwaved veggies and two slightly poached, but fried eggs. I fried them in a dry fry pan in the dorm kitchen downstairs, and they stuck to the pan, and ended up being slightly poached.
Maple nut oats: 1/2 cup oats, water, cinnamon, vanilla extract, topped with maple syrup, almond butter, chocolate chips, and walnuts.
A trio of ceviche from Cuisines of Americas, with sweet potatoes!
Also from “Americas” chicken mole! One of my favorite dishes ever. And I get very excited when I come upon a chicken breast that is properly cooked.
Oats in an almost empty tahini can with honey!
Salmon with a blackberry sauce that was amazing! Such a pretty plate too.
A few weeks ago.. FIRST sight of sunlight!
The ducks, or geese, or whatever are large and in charge, and the snow (now completely gone) is slowly melting away..
I thought the last Grand Buffet would be enough foodie excitement to last me an entire year.. but apparently not, because I approached this one with even more zeal and zest than the last one. It was BAD. I didn’t slow down by taking pictures this time either, knowing full well I wasn’t about to write another post dedicated to the “Grand Buffet”, when the gist of it had already been written about. It was overwhelming and not fun. As much as I love this food, sometimes I do get stressed out about the abundance of it, and whether or not I should be taking advantage of that abundance.
It is fun however filling up the small plates and interacting among the buffet tables, but once you get back to your table, you already feel like you’ve eaten it all, when you haven’t even touched a single item!
Like I said… BAD.
Greek yogurt with a crumbled 18 Rabbits granola bar.
So there you have it! Better late than never, right? I may start posting more regular short posts, due to the OVERWHELMING amount of information I receive on a daily basis. It is hard because I want to share it with the world, yet I have no motivation to either write cleverly or organize weeks and weeks of photos and notes when the time comes to write a post. We will see how it goes…
For now, thanks for sticking with me on this wild ride! I honestly do not know how the college students of blog-land manage their life, school, work AND a blog. I get that it is an outlet of sorts, but like everything else, it can become stressful too!
Happy Sunday and rest up! I know I’m not the only one that is completely exhausted. So, enjoy your day off my friends!